AP/AR Specialist applies his/her knowledge and experience to assist the Corporate Controller with the day to day functions of accounting, finance, human resources and other areas as needed. This is an excellent opportunity to join the team in a very hands-on role with a variety of accounting, accounts payable/receivable, and human resource responsibilities that will be developed over time to meet the business and department needs.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays employees and vendors by receiving and verifying expense reports and invoices, entering transactions in Macola and preparing payments.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Issue 1099s at year-end
- Process annual Personal Property Statements
- Processes customer invoices and credit memos
- Contact customers for collections
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Manages fixed assets listing, intangible assets amortization, and prepaid schedules.
- Prepares various financial schedules and internal and external reports.
- Assists with audits and internal controls testing.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Administers disability, worker's compensation, and unemployment claims.
- Assists with the carrying out of a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Helps to monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Assists with the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture committees.
- Process all medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, HRA, FSA, and 401K paperwork as well as COBRA and FMLA.
- Process payroll for all employees.
- Process all new hires, terminations, and changes in payroll.
- Provides input into goal setting process for areas of responsibility.
- Participates in team projects related to system updates, upgrades, and migrations, as assigned.
- Perform duties diligently applying GAAP and with a mindset of best practices.
- Ad hoc reports/projects as assigned.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel, as well as working within an ERP system is required
- Demonstrates strong technical accounting skill sets, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Has experience researching and applying accounting guidance
- Strong desire to support team goals, ability to work independently, and possess strong communication skills, valuing high performance behaviors of listening, learning, and articulating well verbally and in writing
- Has proven record of working on a variety of projects in addition to core responsibilities, capable of multi-tasking, and able to change priorities to adjust with business and customer needs
- Executes with urgency and shared accountability
- Minimum of two years’ experience working within a high performing accounting/finance department
EDUCATION & CERTIFCATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree is required. Degree in accounting, finance, or economics from an accredited institution is preferred.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with academic accomplishments, skill set and experience. Benefits package is typical of other benefit packages for this role based in this market.
This is a full-time position located in Santa Ana, California.
Silex provides competitive employee benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, Education Reimbursement and other benefits found in the employee handbook. Silex is a business casual work environment.
How To Apply
For Inquiries please send your resume (pdf or MS Word format) and an introduction e-mail to: