Strategic Account Manager
We are looking to add a motivated Strategic Account Manager with a strong work ethic for our office in Santa Ana, California. As a critical member of our Sales Team at Silex Technology America, you will report to the Director of Sales. You will be responsible for handling a select number of Silex defined “Strategic Customers”. These customers are often the most important customers for the company and will usually represent either the highest percentage of current company Revenue/Value Add (VA) or the highest percentage of future company Revenue/VA. Main responsibilities will be centered around retention and growth of these customers. A successful Strategic Account Manager must be able to build strong relationships with these customers and serve as their main point of contact for all issues. They will need to coordinate support internally within Silex to ensure these customers are and continue to be satisfied.
- Customer Focused
- Strong Communicator
- Highly Responsive
- Teamwork Oriented
- Strategic Thinker
- Leader Mentality
- Highly Motivated To Succeed
Your valued contribution will include, but are not limited to:
- Strive to meet and exceed financial targets within an assigned account base
- Create and execute account specific strategy plans for customer retention and expansion
- Identify opportunities to cross sell new products to existing customer, or to sell into new divisions within existing account.
- Build and develop solid and trusted relationships within each assigned account
- Understand customer decision making process including who key decisions makers will be
- Manage day-to-day business responsibilities for supply chain related responsibilities within each assigned account
- Ensure we are receiving rolling forecasts from customers along with orders towards our product lead times.
- Manage communications between customers and internal support teams
- Maintain visibility to customer technical issues and drive Silex technical resources towards resolving them.
- Negotiate the best deal possible for Silex and our Customers
- Prepare and report internally on account progress, goals and strategy consistently
- Coordinate in team selling, where applicable, with other members of the sales team.
- Be up to speed on important customer timelines and milestones for new designs, holding other Silex departments accountable for their deliverables to meet their requirements.
- Ensure key Silex Product Updates are properly communicated to customers
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years of account management experience, preferably in a semiconductor, electronics or technology company.
- Experience managing major accounts such as Fortune 500 type companies
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated history of achieving revenue and growth goals within an assigned account base
- Proven ability to learn technical products
- Executes with urgency and shared accountability
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Can work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self‐motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- Preferred Experience with Salesforce CRM
You will report to our office in Santa Ana, California. This position primarily works in the company’s Orange County office, however travel to customers is required for this position. Travel will mostly be within North America, however some international travel may be required. Travel may be required up to 25-50% of the time.
Silex provides competitive employee benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, Education Reimbursement and other benefits.
$100,000 - $180,000. Salary and total compensation package is negotiable and commensurate with academic accomplishments, skill set and experience.
How to Apply
For Inquiries, please send your resume (pdf or MS Word format) and an introduction e-mail to:
Silex, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request (Silex is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request).