Technical Program Manager
Silex Technology is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented professional to serve as the Technical Program Manager (TPM) responsible for managing customer programs on scheduleand on budget. The TPM is expected to be the Program Management “Subject Matter Expert” to implement new processes that improve customer satisfaction while increasing internalefficiency. The position requires an excellent team-player who is a proactive communicator able to work closely with internal customers (including Sales and Engineering), third-party partnerswho provide outsourced services as well as external customers to manage and facilitate successful customer engagements.
The Technical Program Manager role is located at Silex Technology America headquarters in Santa Ana, CA and reports directly to the CEO & President.
What Does Success Look Like?
Projects are Completed on Schedule and on Budget
Customer Satisfaction Metrics Improve
You Earn the Trust of the Sales Organization
The Technical Program Manager is Responsible and Held Accountable To:
- Own and Successfully Manage Customer Programs
- Certification testing for regulatory compliance
- Paid engineering development projects (hardware or software)
- Other projects as assigned by management such as Key Account integration support or internal engineering developments.
- Project Manage and Lead Custom Product Development Projects
- Generate project RFQ documentation, submit and follow-up with all Silex engineering groups (US, India and Japan)
- Coordinate and lead regular project calls between customer and internal resources
- Maintain a project plan and schedule and proactively communicate status and changes to internal and external customers
- Maintain a project issues and action items list:
Track and progress all action items within the program
Track all issues and resolutions within the program
- Provide weekly report to communicate project status summary
- Document technical meeting notes during customer conference calls and meetings
- Serve as liaison between customer and internal teams in Japan, US and Europe for custom OEM project management and technical issue resolution
- Support internal Product Marketing team with content generation and subject matter expertise, including support for blogs, white papers and application notes
- Develop strong, two-way technical relationships with customers and internal engineering & FAE teams critical to overall program success and customer satisfaction
The Technical Program Manager Demonstrates the Following Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven technical program management and team leadership success
- Ability and interest in working in a small company environment requiring strong initiative, resourcefulness and customer service skills and willingness to work independently and on teams to complete projects
- Experience and interest in working with international customers and third-party outsourcing partners
- Strong technical aptitude and preferred experience in the embedded or wireless fields
- Excellent verbal communication skills (presentation, video conference, phone, group meetings)
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive by nature such as picking up the phone to quickly resolve questions or issues with internal or external customers
- A strong eye for detail and seeks to produce error-free work
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical program or project management
- Program or project management certification or education
- Work from Silex Orange County Office
- Strong communication, multitasking and planning skills
- Experience with project management tools
- A shared belief in Silex values to be customer-minded, hard-working, respectful of all,accountable, passionate and always learning
- Engineering degree preferred
This is a full-time position located in Santa Ana, California. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Most team and client meetings are held in the Orange County area and travel may
include monthly travel.
Silex provides competitive employee benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, Education Reimbursement and other benefits found in the employee
handbook. Silex is a business casual work environment.
How to Apply
For Inquiries please send your resume (pdf or MSWord format) and an introduction e-mail to: