Field Application Engineer
We are looking to add a motivated Field Application Engineer (FAE) with a strong work ethic for our office in Santa Ana, California. As a full-time FAE at Silex Technology America, you will report to the FAE Manager. You will be a front-line support responsible for interfacing with STA customers and help “bridge the gap” between Sales, Product Management, and Engineering. In this role, you will ensure successful deployment using Silex products by demonstrating a high sense of urgency and responsiveness on customer requests, questions, and technical support.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the main technical point of contact for customers throughout their evaluation and design with Silex.
- Own the MIP (Must Integrate Project) process for design win customers.
- Provide thorough and rapid answers to customer questions as well as proactively ask customer questions on critical information needed.
- Generate RFQ for customers to get quotes for custom work from engineering.
- Track and keep up to date notes, customer communications, project status, and customer issues using Salesforce to manage data.
- Utilize and manage customer cases within Salesforce to track and manage issues towards resolution.
- Maintain and present to the team information about important customer projects using PowerPoint during account review meetings.
- “Drive” a customer from evaluation into production, holding weekly customer calls for the most important projects.
- Manage post-sales technical issues and support for customers.
- Identify and develop documentation for Application Notes, external release documentation (for example, the FreeRTOS driver developed by STI)
- Continued education through attending webinars, reading technical papers, and induvial training.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years‘ experience.
- Knowledge of Linux imperative
- Be familiar with setting up a test network
- Be able to troubleshoot customer issues using a ‘hands on’ approach
- Be familiar with using some engineering tools such as wireless sniffers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies
- Demonstrates strong technical background on both hardware and software
- Executes with urgency and shared accountability
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Can work well under pressure
- Self‐motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
You will report to our office in Santa Ana, California.
Silex provides competitive employee benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, Education Reimbursement and other benefits.
$100,000 to $140,000 per year Full Time
How to Apply
For Inquiries, please send your resume (pdf or MS Word format) and an introduction e-mail to:
Silex, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request (Silex is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request).