Posted by Babar Hashim, June 10, 2019
Silex’s New SX-ULPGN-BTZ Supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Zigbee in a Single Compact Module
SANTA ANA, Calif. June 10, 2019 — Silex Technology America, a global leader in wired and wireless networking solutions, announced the release of SX-ULPGN-BTZ, a new, tri-radio wireless module, integrating Dual-band Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® Low Energy 5, and 802.15.4- ZigBee® and Thread solutions.
Based on Qualcomm’s QCA4020 System-on-Chip (SoC), it enables seamless integration of three popular wireless connectivity technologies (802.11, Bluetooth and 802.15.4) used in most of today’s IoT applications.
Zac Freeman, VP of Sales and Marketing, said “The SX-ULPGN-BTZ product is a testament to Silex’s consistent focus on bringing products to market that customers truly need. Ubiquitous connectivity, dedicated processing power and low cost make it the perfect solution for IoT applications that must connect in ways not previously possible.”
The SDKs for the SX-ULPGN-BTZ provide pre-integrated support for OCF specifications as well as support for AWS and MS Azure cloud connectivity.
Key Features for the module Include:
- Tri-mode Intelligent Connectivity with Advanced Smart Coexistence
- Bluetooth 5 – Low Energy and CSR Mesh™ connectivity
- Low power Wi-Fi – 802.11n in 2.4 GHz/5 GHz bands
- 15.4 – Support for ZigBee3.0 and Thread
- Advanced Hardware-Based Security: featuring secure boot, trusted execution environment, encrypted storage, key provisioning and enterprise wireless protocol security
- Multiple Protocols: Full network stack with pre-integrated software for HomeKit and OCF
- Pre-integrated Support for Cloud Services: AWS IoT and Microsoft Azure IoT Device SDK to connect devices with AWS and Azure IoT Hubs
- Comprehensive Set of Peripherals and Interfaces: SPI, UART, PWM, USB, I2S, I2C, SDIO, and ADC as well as GPIOs
- Integrated Sensor Hub: for post-processing to enable the low power sensor use cases
- Dedicated ARM® Cortex® M4 CPU for customer applications
- Low power ARM Cortex M0 CPU for Bluetooth Low Energy drivers and 802.15.4 control and security functions
- Xtensa7 WLAN processor to run complete Wi-Fi stack
Design Engineers can use Silex’s Wi-Fi evaluation and development kit, the SX-ULPGN-BTZ-EVK, to help easily evaluate the SX-ULPGN-BTZ hardware and software features and to develop IoT applications using QCA-supplied SDK. The module is available for purchase starting June 1, 2019.
The SX-ULPGN-BTZ sample packs and evaluation kits are available now from Arrow Electronics, Future Electronics and Mouser Electronics.
About Silex Technology America, Inc.
Silex Technology builds on more than 40 years of hardware and software connectivity know-how and IP, custom design development experience, and in-house manufacturing capabilities, bringing value to customers with a foundation of technical expertise. With relentless attention to quality, exclusive access to Qualcomm Atheros expertise, and strategic partnerships with leading semiconductor providers, Silex Technology is the global leader in reliable Wi-Fi connectivity for products ranging from a medical device to a document imaging product to a video or digital display. With Silex Technology, customers get a single vendor that provides hardware and software support from design through manufacturing for successful product after successful product.